Sandwiches are delicious – this is a fact of life. But they do come with their own annoying problems. The meat can fall out, the cheese may not melt, and **gasp**, what if someone keeps stealing your delicious bread creation?! To solve these pesky issues, check out the 17 clever sandwich hacks below.
1. Do juicy tomatoes make your sandwich soggy? Dab them with a paper towel before you put them on your sandwich.
2. If you want bacon in every bite of your BLT, here”s the right way to cook it:
Read the whole tutorial on bacon weaving here.
3. You can make grilled cheese in the toaster if you don”t have a stove handy.
Get the how-to here.
4. You can make your mayonnaise at home. To make one cup of mayo, whip a cup of olive oil, an egg, the juice of a lemon, and a pinch of salt together.
Read more detailed instructions here.
5. Do you like your sandwiches crustless? Use a pizza cutter to quickly chop off the sides.
6. If you have leftover mac and cheese, put it on a grilled cheese sandwich.
7. If you want your bread to be toasted on the outside but soft on the inside, put two pieces into the toaster at once.
8. So your deli meat is a circle, but your bread is square – here”s how to cover every bit of bread with deliciousness.
9. If your tortillas break when making a wrap, throw them on the stove or a grill for 10 seconds.
10. When you cut a baguette for a sandwich, only cut 3/4 of the way through, or else all of your fillings will fall out.
11. If you”re on the road and craving a grilled cheese or toasted sandwich, just wrap it in tin foil and press on it lightly with a warm iron.
12. Bored with regular peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Throw it into a skillet for a warm, melty treat.
13. You can also have peanut butter and jelly for breakfast if you put it on waffles.
14. Want to make a delicious sandwich, but you only have stale bread? Revive it by dousing it in water.
Get the in-depth instructions here.
15. Fill a muffin tin with a slice of ham and an egg. Bake them in the oven and use them as patties on breakfast sandwiches.
See how it”s done here.
16. Want to put cherry tomatoes on your sandwich, but don”t want to spend time cutting them? Put them between two plates and cut!
Find the full how-to here.
17. Do you live or work with a sandwich stealer? These funny plastic bags will keep everyone away from your lunch.
You can buy the bags here.
With all of these hacks, I”ll be eating sandwiches for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I have a stove at my disposal at home, but I want to try out the iron one, just for the heck of it! Which one of these hacks will you try first?