Before man learned how to harness her resources with agriculture, Mother Nature used to be the master of this planet. It was she who determined whether or not we would have food, drinkable water, or even survive the winter.
These days, we have a lot more control over our own destinies, mostly thanks to technology. However, it”s still quite creepy to see how eager nature is to take back the land we stole from her. Here is what the planet might look like in a future without humans, where nature is once again Queen.
2. Even in the city, nature finds a way.
3. Good thing we invented cell phones.
5. It”s crazy what letting a little bit of sunlight in can do for a room.
6. Next stop, moss station!
7. The greenest railway I”ve ever seen.
8. What do you think they watched for their last show?
10. The one good thing about humanity being wiped out is that there won”t be any traffic.
11. The second floor tenant is a little bristly.
12. I think this was once a barn?
13. What happened to this bobsled track is actually pretty common for former Olympic villages.
14. Slowly reclaiming the rails.
15. Here is nature reclaiming parts of Detroit.
16. I don”t even know how this happened, but it”s creepy.
17. A ferris wheel frozen in time.
18. Urban decay is such a roller coaster.
19. An old log flume now has heavy emphasis on the log.
20. It will just be forest again someday.
21. Something tells me this bathroom is out of order.
22. This is what became of the “64 World”s Fair in New York.
23. It”s not only forests that consume humanity”s machines.
24. That trolly isn”t leaving anytime soon.
25. It”s hard to even picture what this building once looked like.
26. The vines and the rains have twisted this mansion into something out of a Tim Burton movie.
27. Strangely enough, this brush-covered building is technically in New York City.
It”s crazy how deceptively quick nature can be when taking over a building. It”s funny to think that when humanity goes bust, there might not be any trace of us left.