Menu

When An Apartment Complex Went Up In Blazes, This Little Kitten Somehow Survived

When an apartment complex in Jeffersonville, Indiana, burst into a massive blaze of fire, rescuers discovered seven cats lost to the flames…but this little guy weighing less than two pounds and only about two weeks old somehow found the strength to survive.

Firefighters heard his cries while searching the debris in the aftermath. It remains a mystery how such a young kitten could endure all the smoke, heat, and ash, which led his rescuers to bestow him with an incredibly appropriate name: Miracle.

Still covered in ash, Miracle was rushed to the Eastside Animal Hospital, where he received oxygen.

Still covered in ash, Miracle was rushed to the Eastside Animal Hospital, where he received oxygen.

From there, he was taken in by Sara Green, the director of J.B. Ogle Animal Shelter, who provided around-the-clock care for the cutie.

From there, he was taken in by Sara Green, the director of <a href=

Green was stunned by his survival, but he continued to prove everyone wrong by getting stronger and stronger.

Green was stunned by his survival, but he continued to prove everyone wrong by getting stronger and stronger.

After a few days of rest and food, he finally began to purr and even open his eyes.

After a few days of rest and food, he finally began to purr and even open his eyes.

Forty-eight families were displaced by the flames, so shelter staff is having some understandable trouble locating Miracle”s original owners.

Forty-eight families were displaced by the flames, so shelter staff is having some understandable trouble locating Miracle

Not that they mind keeping the cutie around, describing him in a recent update saying he”s been brightening the lives of all who meet him.

(source Facebook, The Dodo)

If they”re unable to find and contact his owners after he”s fully recovered, Miracle will be put up for adoption.

In the meantime, you can stay tuned for updates on the town”s Facebook page and also lend support to the families who were left homeless by visiting the community”s GoFundMe page.