In America, it is imperative that one knows the laws of the country and abides by them. However, what if I told you that you could be breaking the law and you wouldn”t even know it? There are some absolutely crazy laws in existence that you might not know about. If you live in America, or any of the following countries, you should read up on the local laws so as to not end up in the slammer.
1. If you are into beastiality, I suggest you go to Iran. Their laws permit people having sex with domesticated animals. It is illegal to have sex with wild animals, though. Bummer.
2. Melbourne, Australia, has a ban on men appearing in public wearing a strapless gown.
3. In Oklahoma, you can be thrown in jail for making ugly faces at dogs.
4. Wonder why the streets of Singapore are so clean? That”s because they banned chewing gum in the country.
5. The only women who are allowed to skydive in Florida on a Sunday are married women. All others are banned, including divorced, single, and even widowed women.
6. It is illegal to sell cooked tripe in Britain. Raw tripe is fine.
7. If you are a big fan of flip-flops, don”t go to Capri, Italy. They have a ban on “noisy footwear.”
8. If you are in Eboli, Italy, don”t get caught kissing in a moving vehicle. It comes with a 415 Euro fine.
9. Birmingham, Alabama, has a specific law that states that you can”t have sex on the steps of a church at night. It makes no mention of the daytime, though.
10. It is illegal in Wilbur, Washington, to ride an ugly horse. Who decides this?
11. It is an offense for workers in Ferrara, Italy, to fall asleep in a cheese factory.
12. In 1985, officials in Swaziland banned couples from making love in a hot spring called Cuddle Puddle. It”s strictly for cuddling, people.
13. Don”t wink at women you don”t know while you are in Ottumwa, Iowa. You could get fined.
14. It is illegal to shoot an open tin can in Spades, Indiana.
15. Married women are only allowed one glass of wine in La Paz, Bolivia.
16. In New Jersey, it is illegal to slurp soup in a public restaurant “to the annoyance of the other customers.”
17. Ice skaters in Frankfurt must abide by a speed limit of 50mph on any rink. If they go above that limit, the law comes down hard on them.
18. In Salt Lake City, don”t even think about carrying a violin down the street in a paper bag. That has been banned for many years.
19. The residents of Hartford, CT, must never teach their dogs new tricks. The law states that people are forbidden from trying to “teach or endeavor to try to educate a dog.”
20. Thinking of vacationing in Barbados? Keep the camouflage at home. It”s illegal to wear it unless you are a part of their drug and defense forces.
21. This town in Alberta recently banned swearing, yelling, and spitting.
Always make sure that you are able to abide by the laws of the land. It could really make your life much better and prison-free. And who wants to go to prison? Not a lot of people, I would assume.