Have you been thinking of getting a tattoo? Or maybe you already have a few, and are considering what kind of body art to get next? Before you permanently ink yourself, check out the 20 gorgeous tattoos below. From 3-D optical illusions to watercolor works of art, these tats are sure to spike your imagination.
1. 3-D optical illusion tattoos are striking.
It must have taken a long time to apply this work of art.
2. Go for a smaller, more delicate 3-D tattoo if you don”t want to cover a full limb.
3. Pay homage to your favorite artist with a creative tattoo.
This one is based on Van Gogh”s Starry Night.
4. White ink tattoos are more subtle than dark or colored ones.
5. Watercolor tattoos are vibrant and gorgeous.
6. Add lines to a watercolor tattoo for a sketchbook effect.
7. Get a tattoo that honors your favorite place.
8. Outlines aren”t the only way to show love for your home. This tattoo of the Chicago “L” train map is colorful and simple.
9. Or get the coordinates of a meaningful place tattooed.
10. Spine tattoos are rare, but gorgeous.
11. Cover up a scar in an interesting way with a tattoo, no matter how big or small it may be.
12. Ombre tattoos are simple ways to add color to your body.
13. Your favorite movie deserves a pretty tribute on your body.
14. Intricate landscapes are eye-catching and detailed.
15. Geometric tattoos will please your inner graphic designer.
16. But they don”t have to be just lines.
17. Indecisive? Get an empty frame and fill it with washable pen drawings.
This takes “my body is a canvas” to a new level.
18. A connect-the-dots tattoo is quirky and cute.
19. Collar bone tattoos are the newest trend in body art.
20. Tattoos with glow-in-the-dark ink look colorless in the day, but glow under black light.
I”ve never considered getting a geometric tattoo, but I love the colorful one above. Which of these made you reconsider what you think about tattoos?