Getting a new puppy is exciting for everyone in the family. Just think of all the walks you”ll get to go on, all the frisbees you”ll throw, all the sloppy kisses you”ll receive, and all the poo you”ll get to pick up…well, it can”t ALL be roses and sunshine. While some dogs can feel threatened when a new pooch comes into their turf, these big dogs don”t sweat the small trials and tribulations that come with a new puppy. They truly have nothing but love to give to the squishy new additions to the family.
2. “Okay, you can have my bed. But just this once, since you”re new here.”
3. “He”s heavier than he looks. The things I do for him!”
4. “We”re still working on her manners…but I already love her, thorns and all.”
5. “Don”t cry! I am here. Momma is here.”
6. “You look more like a fluffy bunny than one of me, but that doesn”t hinder my love.”
7. “I tolerate him.” In cat speak, that”s true love.
8. No, wait, THIS is true love.
9. He lets the little one think he”s in control.
10. Distance makes the heart grow fonder.
11. They prefer tail to tail rather than spooning.
12. “I bought us this Dalmatian blankie to share. These fire hydrants aren”t for peeing, though. That”s an important detail.”
13. “He”s such a copycat…and I kind of love it.”
14. “Are you sure we aren”t related? I mean, look at us!”
15. “Clearly, as a fellow canine, I am most equipped to be this pup”s primary caregiver. You can go now.”
16. He has designated himself as the puppy bed. Forget that $70 one you bought last week.
17. “I shall call it Mini Me.”
18. Very sweet of her to keep an eye on the babe…but isn”t that what the crate is for?
19. “Ow, not the eye! Aw, heck. Just go for it…”
20. If this isn”t elation at its purest…
21. No one tell him he”s not the real dad.
(via The Dodo)
The bonds that form between the canine members of the family are always truly incredible. Though, I guess unconditional love is super easy when you aren”t responsible for cleaning up pee puddles or little piles of vomit when the pups are still learning when enough is enough!
Want more cute pets to brighten your day?