No matter how much you love your job, going into work can be a total drag. The next time you”re feeling a little down at your 9-5, just think about these adorable animals who also work – just like you! Sure, they probably aren”t accountants, but these little guys still put in their time and work really hard.
Check out these animals who work everyday even without understanding the concept of “money” or “vacation”. You”re not hearing any complaints from them.
1. In the 1940″s a baboon named “Jack” worked for a disabled railroad signalman, pushing his wheelchair around to help him perform his duties.
2. In Asian countries elephants are often hired to lift heavy things and load them into trucks.
3. In China, geese are starting to replace dogs as partners in security and police because of their exceptional eyesight and aggressive nature.
4. Now for a bird on the other side of the law: in Columbia a pigeon was apprehended while attempting to smuggle cocaine into jail for its incarcerated master.
5. In Guyana manatees are used to eat up aquatic weeds that block the passage of the local canal waterways.
6. In Indonesia and even parts of California and Flordia, snakes are used to give slithery but sensual massages.
7. There once was a ferret named Freddy who would aid his electrician owner by dragging wires through hard-to-get to spaces.
8. Red worms are used in some countries to more efficiently treat waste.
9. Although inexcusably discusting, this giant, three foot high African giant pouched rat is used to sniff out land mines in parts torn by war.
10. And for water mines, the US Navy employs the help of dolphins to discover them deep below aquatic combat areas.
11. Even before anesthetic, maggots have been used to treat wounds by letting them eat the rotten flesh.
It seems strange that so many animals have “people” jobs… what”s next? ROBOTS? (… oh. Wait.)
Share these talented animals with others by clicking on the button below.