Ever since we were kids, it”s been drilled into our heads that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Even though it provides our bodies with the energy we need to make it until lunch, for some reason, fried foods tend to be the go-to option for the first meal of the day. If you”re sick of feeling sluggish from bacon, pancakes, and fried eggs, check out these 17 ways to eat fruit for breakfast instead. They may all not be completely healthy, but they”re certainly better for you than hashbrowns!
1. Roasted pears with maple ricotta cream stuffing
This is the most sophisticated breakfast I”ve ever seen. Get the recipe here.
2. Yogurt and fruit in a cantaloupe bowl
For a savory kick, add salted pumpkin seeds.
3. Apricots poached in chamomile tea with vanilla
Learn how to make this unique dish here.
4. Fruit-stuffed French toast
Okay, so this dish isn”t that healthy. But it”s better than eating French toast without any fruit, right?
5. Doughnut hole and fruit kebabs
Sometimes you just have to treat yourself.
6. Goat cheese crostini with blueberry and peach thyme salsa
You had me at salsa for breakfast.
7. Honey, grapefruit, and banana salad
This is not your typical fruit salad recipe.
8. Green smoothie bowl
Having spinach for breakfast is tastier than you might think. Read the recipe here.
9. Fruit and cottage cheese “bowls”
Yes, you can make your own cottage cheese. This is perfect for those of us who like to know exactly what we”re putting in our body.
10. Fruit tacos with chocolate tortillas
This dish is a great way to get kids to eat more fruit.
11. Fruit and quinoa salad with citrus poppy seed dressing
If breakfast foods don”t keep you feeling full, this dish will fix that problem.
12. Protein bar fruit pizza
The crust for this breakfast pizza is made from a vanilla almond protein bar.
13. Yogurt and fruit popsicles
These popsicles are made with just two ingredients!
14. Coconut black rice breakfast pudding
If you”re looking for a unique breakfast dish, this one is definitely something different.
15. Apple and peanut butter sandwiches
You can add whatever you”d like to the layers, but these ones have pistachios and dried currants in the middle.
16. Brown sugar baked peaches
These peaches aren”t particularly healthy, but hey, they aren”t bacon!
17. Almond butter and banana open sandwich
Is it really a sandwich if there”s no bread and it”s not pushed together? Either way, this recipe looks delicious.
I love quinoa, so I”m going to whip up that quinoa fruit salad with poppy seed dressing ASAP. I always feel great…and then gross after eating sausage and eggs in the morning, so I need to start working these recipes into my daily routine. Which one of these dishes made your mouth water?
Looking for more easy ways to get healthy? Check out these ideas.