Ahh, spring. The flowers, the thawing of the snow, the thawing of our cold bones after a seemingly endless winter. Oh right, and the pollen.
While it might not be everyone”s favorite season (is it summer YET?), it”s hard to deny how the world seems to come alive with color. You”re not imagining it when you suddenly feel happier and more energetic as the flowers bloom and the temperatures start to rise.
Even if you have allergies, you can still enjoy ogling these awesome destinations around the world that explode with color in the spring.
1. Keukenhof Gardens, Netherlands
2. Ueno Park, Tokyo, Japan
3. Jeju Island, South Korea
4. Ashikaga Flower Park, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan
6. Chicago Botanic Garden, Illinois
7. Tidal Basin, Washington, D.C.
10. Agassiz, B.C., Canada
11. Kawachi Fuji Gardens, Japan
13. Monet”s Garden, Giverny, France
14. Garden of Versailles, France
15. Leckhampton Hill, Cotswolds, England
16. The Valley of Flowers National Park, Uttarakhand, India
17. Antelope Valley, Mojave Desert, California
18. Butchart Gardens, Victoria, B.C., Canada
19. Tulip Fields, Holland, Netherlands
20. Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, California
22. Logan Pass, Glacier National Park, Montana
23. Crested Butte, Colorado
24. Pacific Grove, Monterey Bay, California
25. Siena, Tuscany, Italy
26. Hitachi Seaside Park, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan
27. Carlsbad Flower Fields, California
Excuse me while I go ahead and book flights to all of these destinations…or at least the ones in the U.S. Who cares if I need to bring heavy doses of allergy medicine along with me?