It”s official: the holidays have come and gone. For some, that means you finally have some peace and quiet around the house, the entire extended family has left, and you can start forgetting all those judgmental questions and looks. But, for others, it means that you filled your belly with delicious foods, enjoyed great company, and the happiest time of the year is…over. That”s depressing.
I mean, now what do you have to look forward to? A night of celebrating yet another New Year? That just means you”re almost a year older (which is even worse). But it”s not just us humans who feel that sad come-down after the holidays. Animals around the world know that this time of year, they get showered with love and treats. Aside from their birthdays, this is the best they”re going to get until next Christmas.
1. “I refuse to pose nicely for photos until next year”s Christmas card photo.”
2. “I just want to be alone, okay?”
3. “All I wanted was that squeaky chicken. Instead, I got this ratty white ball.”
4. “I feel like the world is just black and white now – I don”t see colors anymore.”
7. “I will shed one tear, and that”s it.”
9. “I really should have rationed those bananas. I always do this!”
10. “I”m so depressed that even this rock is comforting to me.”
11. “Glass half full? I can stop wearing ugly Christmas sweaters and go back to my usual track suits…”
12. “This is the worst day ever. Just stop talking to me!”
13. “So, no more presents?”
14. “Time to start eating my feelings.”
15. “What else is there to look forward to, the 4th of July? IT”S NOT THE SAME!”
16. “What about all those leftovers – can I at least get in on that?”
17. “Zebras love Christmas, too, you know!”
18. “I”m just so worried that there won”t BE another Christmas!”
19. “Are you sure it”s not Christmas again, tomorrow?”
Cheer up little guys, New Year”s Eve is still pretty fun – we promise we”ll slip you a treat or two.
But, honestly, not going to lie to you… After that, it”s a long way until the summer and other exciting celebrations. We”ll get through it together, though.