I understand why companies would want to make a product look as good as it possibly can on the packaging, but they shouldn”t make it look so good that the real thing is just a crippling disappointment. No one wants to feel lied to every time they come home from the supermarket or go through the drive-thru.
If you don”t think this is an issue, you really need to take a look at how these real foods compare to how they”re represented on their packaging. It”s really incredible (in the worst kind of way).
1. Smart Ones Roast Beef, Mashed Potatoes, and Gravy
2. Stouffer”s Macaroni and Cheese
3. Tweety Bird Ice Cream Pop
4. Tesco Red Onion and Goat Cheese Tarts
5. Jim Beam Bourbon Thickburger
6. Star Wars Ice Cream Pop
8. Lean Cuisine Vegetable Eggroll
9. Hanuta Haselnuss-Schnitte
10. Healthy Choice Chicken Marinara
12. Burger King BK Big Fish
13. Taco Bell Doritos Locos Taco Supreme
14. Pumpkin Spice Milano Cookies
Yum? Suddenly, I don”t feel so hungry anymore even though I”m full of disappointment. Oh, and I had some anger for dessert too.