We all want a healthy, active brain. Healthy brains help us stay alive and thinking. Sometimes, there are outside forces that can hinder or enhance your brain activity. If you”re not sure what these outside forces are, you”ve come to the right place! Everyday items and occurrences change the brain drastically, so it”s best to remain aware of them.
1. Violent homes have the same effect on the brain of a child as combat does on the brain of a soldier.
2. Forgetting things is good for the brain. Deleting unnecessary information helps the nervous system retain its plasticity.
3. According to scientists, dieting can force your brain to eat itself.
4. Chronic stress can prematurely age your brain and weaken it.
5. Lack of oxygen in the brain for 5 to 10 minutes results in permanent brain damage.
6. It”s scientifically proven that even a small amount of power changes how a person”s brain operates and diminishes empathy.
7. “Sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia” is the scientific term for brain freeze.
8. There is no left brain/right brain divide. They are constantly working together.
9. The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, triggering relaxation.
10. The brain releases so much dopamine during orgasms that a brain scan resembles that of someone on heroin.
11. You have taste receptors in the stomach, intestines, pancreas, lungs, anus, testicles, and the brain.
12. Alcohol doesn”t make you forget anything. When you get blackout drunk, the brain temporarily loses the ability to create memories.
13. The brain treats rejection like physical pain.
14. Your brain keeps developing until your late 40s, which is why you must keep it active.
15. Sleep deprivation affects the brain in multiple ways that impairs judgment and slows reaction.
Keep your brain in good shape. Relax and smell some chocolate. It”ll make you feel better!