The Blue Angels are an amazing show to see, right? Nothing makes me prouder to be an American than seeing those speedy blues fly through the sky on the Fourth of July. However, did you know that the Blue Angels aren”t even a combat regiment? That means the good ole US of A is paying for every performance (and let me tell you, jets don”t come cheap). How much are we paying for these jets that don”t really do anything except elicit a “too loud!” from overly sensitive kids in the area?
You”d be surprised.
There are lots of other things our government is using your hard-earned tax dollars for. Some of them will make you sick.
1. Vacant or unused government buildings – $25 billion per year
2. Automated shipping error in sending two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas – $998,798
3. Federal Aviation Administration conference/party – $5 million
4. Paying off four female plaintiffs who filed against one Philadelphia Housing Authority director – $1 million
5. Study on the greenhouse emissions of dairy farms (cow farts?) – $700,000
6. Study observing why monkeys throw poop – $168,766
7. Blue Angles – $40 million a year
8. Digitized photos, T-shirts, and concert tickets of the Grateful Dead – $615,000
9. Neon sign museum in Las Vegas – $1.8 million
10. Program to train Chinese prostitutes to drink responsibly – $2.6 million
11. Soccer field in Guantanamo Bay – $750,000
12. Video game parties at a library in a Tennessee library – $5,000
13. Subsidizing a IHOP restaurant in Washington DC – $765,828
14. Study on the Twitters trustworthiness – $492,000
15. Foreign Aid To China (the country we owe trillions of dollars to) – $17.8 million
16. Study on the creative collaboration of online World of Warcraft gamers – $3 million
I didn”t take Congress to be filled with a bunch of deadheads. I guess it could be worse. We could have a program digitalizing Jimmy Buffet photos and menus from Cheeseburger In Paradise restaurants.