Some people were born awkward, some walk into awkward situations, while others create them. When something gets weird, there”s no denying it. At the time, these moments can seem inescapable and humiliating. But once you”re out, it”s great to look back and have a good laugh. As time goes on, the sting of embarrassment eventually lessens, and our mind uses laughter to mask any residual shame. How fun!
In honor of Awkward Moments Day, check out these amazingly uncomfortable moments that will make you laugh, cringe, and think back on your own most unfortunate moments.
2. Awkward eye contact guaranteed!
3. When your dog loves you…too much.
4. Don”t walk in on your pug showering. It”ll be awkward for weeks.
5. Awkward pigeon just wants bread.
7. The bald eagle – a majestic symbol of the United States of America.
9. “Well…this is awkward.”
10. That moment when you forgot how to use the treadmill.
11. “Nah, I”ll just go sit on the bench and think about what just happened.”
12. It”s a little awkward when you realize your boyfriend looks like your dead grandfather.
13. The moment you”ve all been waiting for: IT”S TIME FOR AWKWARD HANDSHAKES!
14. So many things are wrong here.
16. The most awkward way to say “you”re on my mind.”
17. “Best friends forever!”
18. The three-way handshake. Classic.
19. “I swear that isn”t me.”
20. If at first you don”t succeed, give up.
21. The “90s weren”t kind to teenagers.
22. “Too slow, you had your chance.”
25. WHAT IS THIS FAMILY?!?
26. Dad didn”t want to wear matching pj”s and made it weird.
27. They had no idea what Grandpa meant when he mentioned his passion for gardening.
28. He didn”t want to let go.
Ah, awkward moments. They really are a common bond among all of humanity. It is only natural. Embrace the world of awkwardness, because you will never escape it. Happy Awkward Moments Day!