The daily nine to five grind of office life week after week can drain even the most eager of employees. You can only stare at the same screen, gulp down so much coffee, and check off every task on your to-do list for so long before the days blend together. Pretty soon you can”t even get excited about Friday because you still think it”s Tuesday.
So what”s the best way to brighten everyone”s day? A puppy, of course! They”re like fuzzy, adorable dollops of happiness that only request an occasional belly rub in return. Sure, they can be a little distracting, but we can all use a distraction from time to time. Might as well make it a cute one!
1. “You can finish that report after fetch!”
2. “No thanks, I”m on that juice diet Carol was talking about.”
3. Gathering her thoughts before sending out the official memo on treat dispersal.
4. The best kind of paperweight I”ve ever seen.
5. “Could you help me with the copy machine? I just can”t seem to figure it out.”
6. “I know it”s after 5:00, but I need you to stay late for totally work-related reasons.”
7. “I do my best brainstorming with my eyes closed.”
8. Everything comes in twos at this office.
9. “I might have slightly exaggerated my Powerpoint experience on my resume.”
10. This office jokester has the best smile ever.
11. Who needs a space heater when you have this guy?
12. So this is why the company manual mentioned double-knotting your shoelaces.
13. “I said no personal phone calls, Barbara.”
14. This office dog has an office dog of his own.
15. “This report looks like it was filled out by, well, me.”
16. “I don”t like what I”m seeing in this spreadsheet, Dan.”
17. “C”mon, we both know you”re just playing solitaire.”
18. He had a little too much fun at the office party last night.
19. “Can you go grab Mark from IT? I forgot my password again.”
20. “Okay, which of you funny guys took my favorite pen?”
21. “Another birthday cake cutting? Didn”t we just have one this morning?”
22. “What do you mean we have to stay here ALL day?”
23. “Our next quarter is shaping up to be our best yet!”
24. Sometimes he feels like his boss is always hovering right over him.
25. “I had an accident…you”re not going to want to go into the kitchen.”
26. “Did you see Jill”s new haircut? She really needs a new groomer.”
27. “Now, where did I put that pesky Peterson file…”
28. “I accidentally shredded all that research instead of copying it. And by shred, I mean…ate.”
Yep, the solution to pretty much all of life”s problems usually boils down to needing a dog. There”s just nothing they can”t make better with their happy faces and wagging tails…even if they went #2 by the watercooler.