You may remember tug-of-war from those elementary school field days, where you were put into groups with different colored t-shirts…all in the name of learning about something called teamwork?
All I got out of those experiences was that there’s only one reason to play a game: victory. And when it came to tug-of-war, there was no limit to how far we’d go to achieve it. There was sweat, rope burn, and tears. If there was a slacker on your end of the rope, you called them out, and made up for their scrawny seven-year-old boy weakness.
Well, these games are way cuter than that, and a lot furrier. There’s still that same competitive spirit, though!
1. Aww, don’t let him win!
2. This isn’t fair…he’s a WOLF.
3. Is this what they meant by teamwork?
4. I can’t tell who’s on what side?
5. SOMEone’s enthusiastic.
6. “My turn to listen to the musics!”
7. I hate to break it to you, but you’re doing it wrong.
8. My money’s on the bird.
9. This seems like an unfair advantage.
10. Even more so!
11. Tug-of-war, much like tennis, requires a lot of grunting for some.
12. A noble battle at sea for the prized driftwood.
13. I didn’t think this is how laser pointers work for cats.
14. You gotta choose a side, bud!
15. “You will NOT make me get out of bed for this!”
16. Guess I’m not wearing my sneakers today…
17. Everyone for little Fido being team captain say “Aye.”
18. …And now for something completely different.
19. She’s got her game face on.
20. They called a truce for lunchtime.
21. Those puppy dog eyes won’t work on me!
22. Okay, these might…
24. “You’ll never beat me!”
25. Why do I feel like there will never be a winner here?
In these games of tug-of-war, I deem everyone a winner…even us!