The United States and Russia have been at odds with each other for a long, LONG time now and the relations just seem to be getting worse as the days go on. Whether you believe there will ultimately be a breaking point that escalates the tension to a level none of us want to experience, one thing is certain – you should probably avoid Russia. Here”s why.
1. The police don”t handcuff you. They just carry you to prison.
2. They intentionally run into cars in order to collect insurance and file lawsuits. The scam became so commonplace that drivers now install dash cams in order to prevent the fraud.
3. Despite promising a “green” Olympic Village, the Sochi Olympic Village destroyed part of a park, forest, and nearly killed 65 different animal species during its construction.
4. They have tanks on their beaches.
5. This was taken via Google Street View.
6. Some provinces of Russia celebrate National Sex Day by giving people the day off in order to go home and have sex; this is scheduled with the purpose of procreating to help bolster Russia”s population.
7. This is what a commute looks like in Russia.
8. They are really strong. Just look at this guy.
9. They don”t fear death.
10. Russians use domesticated foxes as potential attack animals.
11. Russia has a larger area than the (demi)planet Pluto.
12. Each Russian consumes an average of 18 liters of alcohol per year. This is double what experts consider dangerous.
13. Russia has a nasty history of having their outspoken journalists “found” dead. It is believed that the government disposes of these people for messing with their affairs.
14. Russia is roughly 4 KM away from Alaska at its closest point.
15. Women outnumber men in Russia. There are approximately 9 million more women than men living there.
16. There are 500,000 alcohol related deaths in Russia every year.
17. It is illegal to tell children in Russia that gay people exist.
18. Japan and Russia still haven”t signed a peace treaty to end World War II due to the Kuril Islands dispute.
Like any country, I”m sure Russia has some beautiful places in addition to the bad. It just seems Russia”s “bad” is really crazy. Between drinking twice the amount of alcohol that”s already considered dangerous and potentially being attacked by a pet fox, I think I”ll stay in the States.