Even if you have long hair, you might not consistently use a hair dryer. Drying your hair can be a long, annoying process that can, for the most part, be avoided. That means, most of the time, your hair dryer is just sitting in a closet, collecting dust.
Here’s some good news! You can actually use a hair dryer for lots of little tasks! (Now you have some logical justifications for why you might need that new hair dryer the next time you’re looking to upgrade.)
1. Those annoying stickers don’t have to be annoying.
Heat up the adhesive by aiming a hair dryer at an annoying sticker. Then, you should be able to peel it off with ease.
2. You can make your tight shoes fit.
If you have a pair that’s a little too tight, put them on while wearing thick socks. Then, aim a blow dryer at the tight spots to loosen them up.
3. Get your towels nice and toasty without using any kind of towel warmer.
You’re already in the bathroom — why not pull out a hair dryer and make sure your towels are nice and warm before you use them?
4. Eyelash curlers can become even more effective.
Try warming up eyelash curlers with a hair dryer…they’ll make your lashes extra curly! (Just don’t get them TOO hot.)
5. If your glasses are fitting funny, you can adjust them yourself.
Use the hair dryer to heat the parts of your frames you’d like to adjust. Then, put them on your face and you can bend them until they fit better.
6. Pulling off a Band Aid doesn’t have to be painful.
If you warm up a band aid before removing it, it’ll be a lot less painful.
7. Serve uber-frozen ice cream the easy way — just heat it up with your hair dryer.
Sure, there are other ways to make ice cream soft enough to serve…but using a hair dryer is just fun.
8. Get that wad of chewing gum out of your carpet or clothing.
It may be gross, but heating up the gum with a hair dryer will melt it slightly, making it easier to remove.
9. Clean out that gross keyboard of yours without ever having to touch it.
You can get all of the dust, dirt, fluff, and grime out of a keyboard without ever touching it yourself. Just use a hair dryer on the keyboard turned on its side.
10. You can freshen up your shoe polish…without using any polish.
A quick treatment with a hair dryer can make your leather shoes look spiffy in between polishes.
11. Try making a shirt look presentable without getting out your ironing board.
You could iron the entire shirt…or you could just use a hair dryer to make a single wrinkle go away.
12. Remove crayon artwork from walls in an easy, no-fuss way.
This might not work on every wall, but it’s worth a try: warm up the wax with the blow dryer. Then, you can wipe it away. (Just make sure not to smear it.)
13. You can still inflate an air mattress (when you can’t find the pump or cord).
Don’t panic — you can still make sure your guests are comfortable when they visit, even if you don’t have the air mattress pump. Put a hair dryer on the cool setting and blow it up yourself.
14. Hot air can make a cake look extra classy.
Make your frosted cake look glossy and professional by blowing some warm air on it. Just don’t get too crazy, or icing will go everywhere.
Hair dryers: they’re your new best friend.
They might not be useful in every situation…but most houses have a hair dryer or two lurking in the bathroom closets. So, put them to good use!