Relationships can be hard, but having something both partners can bond over makes them much easier. Many modern couples can at least agree about playing video games together. Gaming couples tend to be different from ordinary couples; think of it as less going on romantic vacations to Paris, and more going on raids together in World of Warcraft or building mountaintop castles in Minecraft.
Here are some truths about what it”s like to be a gaming couple. If you”re in a relationship with a fellow gamer, then you probably already know a few of these.
1. Romantic evenings at home are really different.
2. Gamer couples are extremely rare, but oh so perfect.
3. The holidays are even more different.
4. They are highly competitive.
5. However, losses might lead to unnecessary conflict.
6. Some losses might be tough to handle, though they are easily smoothed over.
7. Gamer couples support each other in many different ways.
8. They understand when some personal time is needed.
9. They know how to take cuddling to the next step.
10. It”s not always fun and games. Sometimes it”s just games.
11. Games are a good way of getting some rage out, and most couples keep that to the game.
12. Best of all, gamer couples are a true team!
13. At the end of the day, being in a relationship with another gamer might not be that different from your single life. Try to make time for each other, too.
Being a couple that enjoys the same hobby can be great. However, you don”t want to be that couple who games in the same room yet are otherwise unaware of each other”s existence. That scenario lacks communication, which is key in all relationships.